Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hi Everyone

Jennifer Miskabi here. Budapest was awesome. My favorite part while in Budapest was on the second day, when Jennifer Cohenmehr and I visited the biggest synagogue in all of Europe. It was amazing to see so much culture and religion in one place. The architecture was amazing as well. Some parts of the synagogue (such as the "beema")were made with actual gold, and it made the synagogue even more beautiful than it really was. Cohenmehr and I took a tour of the synagogue, and it turned out that our tour guide had an interesting past to share with us. Her father, a devout Catholic, saved many lives during the Holocaust. As she shared her story many of us teared up. Overall it was a great experience that will stick with me.
Now Kimberley Hammilton will take over.

Well, it's actually Kimberly Hamilton... thanks Jen!!! Anyways, hello to all that are reading the tales of our extraordinary Euro-Trip. I have been having the time of my life since we step foot in LAX the day after graduation. Recently, we finished our voyage in Budapest, and I must say that mine wasn't as meaningful as most of the group's. My first day in Budapest was spent sleeping in the lobby while waiting for our rooms to be ready. I wasn't feeling very well when we got off the train from Venice, and all I really wanted was sleep and my favorite stuffed animal (which i left at home. Everyone else went on an intense bike ride. I was extremely jealous when they all came back with their stories of how great the views were from certain bridges and that that was the best bike tour by far. The next day I was much better and went out shopping with some of the girls. Our main goal was to hit up the funkiest stores out there, and let me tell you, there were A LOT!! We also managed to make our way to a mall (as if there weren't any in la. My favorite part of budapest was seeing all of the intricately designed buildings that surrounded the streets and the views at night from the bridges. My least favorite part, was the food. Our last night's choice for dinner in Budapest: fried cheese or chicken with french fries. I could feel my arteries clogging up after every single bite. The train ride was hot and smelly, and of course I got no sleep, but it was al worth it because Prague is bsolutely beautiful!!!! Once we made it to the hostel, which is funky and pink, we slept in the lobby for a couple of hours. A group of girls and I went over to starbucks for a pick me up, and ended sleeping on the couches! The whole group then headed down for our bike tour, which ended up getting completely rained on. There was thunder and lightning and the rain was hitting us like bullets. I was freezing in my tank top, shorts, and flip flops and yearned for a hot shower and warm, cozy bed. Dinner was great, we had many choices and I chose the fettucine with chicken and spinach. After dinner, Miskabi and I tracked down a mini mart with international calling, and we both made long needed calls to our parents. It was so great to hear their voices, and I cried when I heard my mother tell me she loved me. It had been over a week!! Overall, I'm really enjoying it here in prague and can't wait to hit up amsterdam!!!
peace out everybody!!!
~Kimbo
(Kimberly Hamilton)

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that everyone found something really great in Prague, one of Europe's most beautiful cities! I cannot wait to hear more stories first hand when you are all home. Too bad you will miss being in Amsterdam for the soclcer final.....but I am sure the city will be joyous with the very thought of the final match. Keep healthy you all and enjoy every last moment. We parents, all miss you all and love you all dearly. (Blake will most likely kill me for saying that!)
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete